- Year 1 and Year 2 Maths Calculation Policy
- Year 2 High Frequency Word bank
- Cursive letter formation poster
- Cursive letter formation PowerPoint
- Pre-cursive handwriting booklet
- Cursive handwriting practise sheets
Minimum expectations when working
- All work to be completed in pencil, please do not use a pen.
- All pieces of work must be dated and underlined by the children. The date should be numerical for maths e.g. 25.1.21 and written in full for all other pieces of work e.g. Monday 25th January 2021. Days of the week and months of the year can be found on the Year 2 word bank above.
- Once Children have been supported (if required) at the start of a lesson, they should be as independent as possible for completing the work set.
- Children should be encouraged to write in a pre-cursive/cursive style (letter formation support above under useful resources.
- Children should independently read their sentence to check for capital letters, full stops and missing conjunctions.
- They should independently check the spelling of high frequency words using the Year 2 word bank.
- After they have completed a piece of work, please identify the incorrect spelling of key words (up to a maximum of 3 only) and write these on a piece of paper for the children to copy out correctly 3 times.
Orwell Class / Year 2
Work for pupils working at home