School lunches at Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School and Nursery are provided by Eats.
Eats serve meals with the right nutritional balance, which boosts children’s development, behaviour and ability to learn. The Eats development chef creates two exciting menus per academic term, taking into account freshness, seasonality of ingredients, tastes, and trends. Reducing sugar and fat is a priority, as is ensuring ingredients are ethically sourced from local suppliers with the highest standards. Increasing fruit and vegetable intake is another commitment.
Please visit the Eats website for details of the current menus and allergen information.
Autumn/Spring Menus - September 2023 to March 2024
Week 1: 18 September, 9 October, 6 November, 27 November, 18 December, 15 January, 5 February, 4 March
Week 2: 25 September, 16 October, 13 November, 4 December, 2 January, 22 January, 12 February, 11 March
Week 3: 2 October, 30 October, 20 November, 11 December, 8 January, 29 January, 26 February, 18 March
Allergen Details for Autumn/Spring Menus - September 2023 to March 2024
Week 1: Allergen Details
Week 2: Allergen Details
Week 3: Allergen Details
We are very lucky at Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School to have such a dedicated team in our School Kitchen. Mrs Jolly, our School Cook, has always been involved in catering. Having completed a catering course at college she has worked in both industrial catering and restaurants, before turning to school catering in 2003, joining Sir Robert Hitcham in 2006.
Mrs Jolly is assisted by Mrs Moreton and Mrs Yarnton. The Team offer a very warm and friendly service to the children, who really enjoy their lunches. The school participates in numerous theme days through the year.
If you have any dietary concerns with your child please speak to Mrs Jolly.
Free School Meals (FSM)
Depending on your circumstances, your child may qualify to have tasty, healthy school meals for free. It could save you more than £350 a year and you won't need to worry about making packed lunches every day. Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods);
- Income Support;
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance;
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999;
- the guarantee element of Pension credit;
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of nor more than £16,190);
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
In addition, the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals as follows:
- from 1 April 2018, all existing free school meals claimants will continue to receive free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out. This will apply even if their earnings rise above the new threshold during that time;
- in addition, any child gaining eligibility for free school meals after 1 April 2018 will be protected against losing free school meals during the Universal Credit rollout period;
- once Universal Credit is fully rolled out, any existing claimants that no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point (because they are earning above the threshold or are no longer a recipient of universal Credit) will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education i.e. primary.
The system for processing free school meal applications has been redesigned to make it fully digitsed; more accessible to parents; create less work for school administration staff; and produce speedier, more up to date information to schools. The system will generate an immediate automatic email informing the applicant whether they are eligible for free school meals and the School will be advised accordingly. From 7 December 2017, the Citizens Portal will accept online applications for those wishing to apply for free school meals. This is the same portal that parents are currently use to apply for a school place.
To apply for free school meals, please click HERE. If you do not have access to a computer, smartphone or tablet, please speak to the School Office, in confidence, and we will be happy to help you out with your application.
Further information about entitlement to free school meals can be found at www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals or you can contact the Free School Meals Team on 0345 6066173 for advice.
Universal Infant Free School Meals (UIFSM)
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools in England have been entitled to free school meals.
You do not need to register your child for UIFSM, but if you think you may also qualify for free school meals as detailed above, we strongly encourage you to apply for FSM as your child will also be entitled to a reduction in the cost of trips, a school uniform package etc.
Payment for Lunches
The current cost of a school lunch for pupils in Nursery and Years 3 to 6 is £2.53 per day.
For information on setting up your School Gateway account please click here.