How do we get help?
Sometimes families need help in the difficult business of parenting. The Suffolk system for identifying needs and seeking support is through a Common Assessment Framework form (CAF). This is completed by the Designated Safeguarding Lead or Alternate and the family together. The completed forms are sent off and if it is considered that a Family Support Worker may be able to help you, regular network meetings are set up for the duration of the work. If you are working in this way, it is called ‘Early Help’ with the aim that you work together to improve a situation before it gets serious.
If you are concerned about your child and would like support, please talk to the class teacher and he/she will refer you to the DSL or ADSL. It is always advisable to do this early as it can take time to access support with outside agencies. The CAF is always a collaborative approach and is not ‘done to’ a family. If you are concerned that another family may need help, please encourage them to talk to us directly or raise your concerns with Miss Newark or Miss Squirrell.
There are many agencies you can access yourself:
- School Nurse - 01379 873759 (Monday to Wednesday during term time). The School Nurse is able to advise on a range of concerns including mental health, sleeping, anxiety, diet or bed wetting. A referral form for the School Nursing Team is available here. The completed referral form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Central & South Suffolk Nursing Team, Hartismere Health & Care, Castleton Way, Eye IP23 7BD.
- Child in Divorce and Separation (CIDAS) - 07810 358930
- Lighthouse Women’s Centre - 01473 745111 (24 hours)
- Lighthouse Community Centre - 01473 228270
- Lighthouse Education - 01473 220770
- SENDIAS - 01473 265210 for parents of pupils with special education needs
- 4YP Suffolk Young People’s Health Project - 01473 252607
- Emotional Wellbeing Hub for support with mental health - 0345 6002090
- Suffolk Young Carers, who work with children who care for a member of their family or have an ill or disabled sibling - 01473 835477
- Debenham Children’s Centre - 01728 862900
- Suffolk Parent Hub for information on parenting courses and support groups - www.suffolk.gov.uk/theparenthub or 0345 60 800 33
Last updated Nov 2020