If you are interested in applying for a place at Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit to have a look around the school. Alternatively, please telephone or email us if you have any questions or queries about applying for a place at the school.
SCC Funded School Travel: parents/carers need to be aware that they must consider how their child will travel to and from school before they apply for a school place. The following information is very important:
- SCC will provide funded school travel to the nearest suitable school that would have had a place available for your child when they meet the statutory walking distance criteria from their home address. This would be whether or not an application was made for a place at that school. The nearest suitable school might not be their catchment area school.
- SCC strongly recommend that parents/carers check which school is the nearest suitable school on their nearest school checker because this might not be the catchment area school. A parent/carer can find out which are the three nearest Suffolk schools (based on the statutory walking distance including Public Rights of Way) by putting their postcode into the nearest school checker. This is updated each year to include new roads and developments.
- SCC will provide funded school travel to the catchment area school if it is the nearest suitable school to the child’s home that would have had a place available for them.
- A parent/carer’s school preferences and the order they are put in on the admissions application could affect their child’s eligibility for SCC funded school travel. The school travel scenarios can help you work out if your child might be eligible for SCC funded school travel to the school when the age and distance criteria are met. These can be found in Step 4 of the ‘Apply for a primary school place’ page online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions.
Full details about SCC funded school travel, including the School Travel Policy, additional arrangements for low income families and those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), can be found at www.suffolkonboard.com/schooltravel.
Our Nursery has 12 places for each morning and afternoon session and runs every day during term time from 9.00am to 3.00pm and you can apply for as many or as few sessions as suits you and your child.
Please note that the allocation of a place in the Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception Class.
Early Education Funding
All three and four year olds are entitled to fifteen hours of free education a week with a registered provider. In addition to your child's government funded 15 hours. You may also be eligible to 30 hours of funding. Please check www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for the eligibility criteria.
All parent/carers and providers need to complete a PAF for all 3 and 4-year-old children claiming Early Education Funding (EEF), which can be downloaded here.
The following documents may be useful in completing the PAF for your child:
Admission to Nursery 2021/2022
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 he/she is eligible to join our Nursery from September 2021. If you are interested in your child joining the Nursery, please contact the School Office.
We usually welcome parents visiting the Nursery when it is in operation, but we are currently not allowing visitors into school due to Covid-19.
If you would like to have a chat about your child joining the Nursery, please don't hesitate to phone the school and speak to Mrs Valentine or Mrs Seccombe on 01728 860201.
Applying for a Place in Reception Class for 2022/2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 you need to apply for a place in a Reception Class at a primary school by midnight on 15 January 2022. To apply for a place in a Reception class for 2022/2023 please click here.
Further information is available in the Admissions to Schools in Suffolk 2022/2023 guide, which is available on Suffolk County Council’s website.
If there are more applications than there are places available, the relevant oversubscription criteria will be applied and the applicants will be ranked. The applicant(s) at the top of the list will be offered a place(s). The oversubscription criteria is published in the school's 2022/2023 Admissions policy.
You can find the oversubscription criteria for all schools in the Directory of Schools in Suffolk for primary (including infant, junior and middle) schools (available on Suffolk County Council’s website).
Supplementary Information Forms
If you are applying to Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School because it is a church school and you attend church regularly, please complete a supplementary information form, which is available below. The SIF needs to be returned direct to the school by 15 January 2022.
Offer of a School Place
Primary Offer Day is Saturday16 April 2022 (on-time applications only).
Admissions to All Classes (excluding Nursery)
As Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School is run by governors, the school's governing body is the admissions authority. They are responsible for setting the admissions arrangements and allocating places in accordance with the published oversubscription criteria, which are available in the school's current Admissions policy.
To apply for a place at the school, please complete the school's in-year application form, which is available below or a paper copy can be obtained from the School Office. Alternatively, you can complete Suffolk County Council's in-year application form, ADM1, which is available on their website or you can request a paper copy by contacting 0345 600 0981.
You should return the completed form directly to Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School.
Contacting the Admissions Team at Suffolk County Council
- Web chat is the quickest and easiest way to contact School Admissions; Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm. The chat with us button will appear in the right hand corner when someone is available to talk to.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0345 600 0981
If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to appeal the decision to refuse your child a place at this school, information of the procedure and forms are available here.
Please find details of the admission appeals timetable here.
Please click here for further information on admission to Suffolk schools.