If you are interested in applying for a place at Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School please do not hesitate to contact us to arrange a visit to have a look around the school. Alternatively, please telephone or email us if you have any questions or queries about applying for a place at the school.
Suffolk County Council Funded School Travel
It is important that parents/carers consider how their child will travel to and from school before they apply for a school place. The following information is very important:
- SCC funded school travel will be provided to the Nearest Suitable School that would have had a place available for a child when they are: a) aged under 8 and live at least two miles from the school; or b) aged 8 or older and live at least three miles from the school. This would be whether or not an application was made for a place at that school. The nearest suitable school might not be your child’s catchment area school.
- SCC strongly recommend that parents/carers check which school is their child’s nearest suitable school on the Nearest School Checker for the2023/2024 school year, because this might not be the catchment area school. They can find out which are the three nearest Suffolk schools (based on the statutory walking distance including Public Rights of Way) by putting their child’s postcode into the Checker which can be found at nearestschool.suffolk.gov.uk. This is updated each year to include new roads and developments.
- SCC onlyprovide funded school travel to the child’s Catchment Area School if it is the nearest suitable school to their home that would have had a place available for them and they meet the distance criteria.
- Your School Preferences and the order you put them on your admissions application could affect your child’s eligibility for SCC funded school travel. The School Travel Scenarioscan help parents/carers work out when their child might be eligible for SCC funded school travel to their school when the age and distance criteria are met. These can be found in Step 4 of the relevant ‘Apply for a school place’ page online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions.
- Full details about SCC funded school travel, including the School Travel Policy, additional arrangements for low-income families and those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), can be found at www.suffolkonboard.com/schooltravel.
Our Nursery has 12 places for each morning and afternoon session and runs every day during term time from 9.00am to 3.00pm and you can apply for as many or as few sessions as suits you and your child.
Please note that the allocation of a place in the Nursery does not guarantee a place in the Reception Class.
Early Education Funding
All three and four year olds are entitled to fifteen hours of free education a week with a registered provider. In addition to your child's government funded 15 hours. You may also be eligible to 30 hours of funding. Please check www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for the eligibility criteria.
All parent/carers and providers need to complete a PAF for all 3 and 4-year-old children claiming Early Education Funding (EEF), which can be downloaded here.
Please find below the Pupil Authorisation Form (PAF) for Early Years Funding.
Admission to Nursery 2022/2023
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019 he/she is eligible to join our Nursery from September 2022. If you are interested in your child joining the Nursery, please contact the School Office.
If you would like to have a chat about your child joining the Nursery, please don't hesitate to phone the school and speak to Mrs Valentine or Mrs Seccombe on 01728 860201.
Applying for a Place in Reception Class for 2023/2024
If your child was born between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019, it is very important that you make an application for a full-time school place for your child for the 2023/2024 school year by the closing date of Sunday 15 January 2023.
All of the information parents/carers need to help them make their decision is available on at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions, including information about the School Travel Policy and some School Travel Scenarios. You will also find on the website:
- information on how to apply for a school place, including the steps to follow and what to do if you have any queries. This information can also be found in the Admissions to Schools in Suffolk 2023/2024 guide on the website which can also be downloaded; and
- details of all primary (including infant and junior) schools and how places are offered when a school gets too many applications.
Further information is available in the Admissions to Schools in Suffolk 2023/2024 guide, which is available on Suffolk County Council’s website.
If there are more applications than there are places available, the relevant oversubscription criteria will be applied and the applicants will be ranked. The applicant(s) at the top of the list will be offered a place(s). The oversubscription criteria is published in the school's 2023/2024 Admissions policy.
Parents/carers should apply for a school place online at www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions. Only those who are unable to apply online should complete and return a paper CAF1 application form, which is available to download from www.suffolk.gov.uk/admissions or by contacting us on 0345 600 0981.
Pupils will not be allocated a school place automatically. All parents/carers must make an application for a full-time school place even if their child is already attending a nursery class in an infant or primary school, a pre-school or a family hub next to a school site. This is because a place in a nursery class, pre-school or family hub does not guarantee their child a full-time place at that school.
Any applications made after the closing date may not be dealt with until after places have been offered to those who applied on time. This means that all available places at a parent/carer’s preferred school(s) may have been filled and it could be some time before the outcome of the application is known.
Parents/carers can keep up-to-date on school admissions by:
Liking SCC Admissions on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SuffolkCountyCouncil/
Following SCC Admissions on Twitter: twitter.com/suffolkcc
If parents/carers have any questions, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0345 600 0981 (local rate).
Supplementary Information Forms
If you are applying to Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School because it is a church school and you attend church regularly, please complete a supplementary information form, which is available below. The SIF needs to be returned direct to the school by 15 January 2023.
Offer of a School Place
Primary Offer Day is Sunday 16 April 2023 (on-time applications only).
Admissions to All Classes (excluding Nursery)
As Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School is run by governors, the school's governing body is the admissions authority. They are responsible for setting the admissions arrangements and allocating places in accordance with the published oversubscription criteria, which are available in the school's current Admissions policy.
To apply for a place at the school, please complete the school's in-year application form, which is available below or a paper copy can be obtained from the School Office. Alternatively, you can complete Suffolk County Council's in-year application form, ADM1, which is available on their website or you can request a paper copy by contacting 0345 600 0981.
You should return the completed form directly to Sir Robert Hitcham CEVAP School.
Contacting the Admissions Team at Suffolk County Council
- Web chat is the quickest and easiest way to contact School Admissions; Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm. The chat with us button will appear in the right hand corner when someone is available to talk to.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 0345 600 0981
If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to appeal the decision to refuse your child a place at this school, information of the procedure and forms are available here.
Please find details of the admission appeals timetable here.
Please click here for further information on admission to Suffolk schools.